Education and Public Outreach
Our group is heavily involved in education and outreach activities, seeking to share our excitement about the universe with a wider audience.
- CDMS education pages: learn about the science of dark matter in the Explore Dark Matter section here and learn about the Science of CDMS here.
- Education and outreach for the Berkeley Cosmology Group
Recent outreach activities
- SMASH Research Explorations Course: a program our group has organized for the past two years, connecting high school students from the SMASH Academy enrichment program to cutting edge research at UC Berkeley.
- Cal Day: As part of Berkeley's annual Cal Day open house event over the last several years, we have held lab tours and discussions of cosmology for incoming students and members of the public.
- The CDMS group at UC Berkeley is delighted to celebrate the Year of Science 2009 with the Flat Stanley Project! He was sent to us by 5th graders at the Havens Elementary School in Piedmont, California, to learn about the CDMS experiment. His journey can be seen here.